Today I am much more excited that it’s Friday than I usually am. First, yesterday I presented my final project for the semester, so summer is officially here. I have several goals for the next couple months, which I’ll begin sharing next week, but I’m also looking for a part time job in the Des Moines area. I’d love for it to have something to do with design or in a small shop, but any business related experience is good experience. If you know of anyone looking for help, please let me know!
Second, it is an absolutely gorgeous day! I already went out for a walk with the dogs and marveled at all of the beautiful trees that are blooming in our neighborhood. Some of these trees are truly breathtaking, and it’s such a treat just to walk around and look at them all. Plus, the lilacs are just starting to bloom, and the air smells wonderful.
I was surprised that I actually had links for this week’s roundup because I’ve been so busy, but I guess I had a little time between tasks to take in some of my favorite blogs. I hope you have a great week-end!
- Great video critique by Lisa Verdi on Crafting an MBA on how to boost the effectiveness of your website.
- I’m on the lookout for vintage rules after seeing this DIY post on Design*Sponge.
- Wanting this new book on watercolors after spotting it on Geninne’s blog. I’m looking forward to taking a color theory class next semester, in which we use watercolors.
- Loved this post by my friend Melanie on why she joined a fancy gym. I’m actually considering dropping my gym membership in favor of dvds and body weight exercises, but I’m just not there yet.
- Sangria Cake via Design*Crush.
- A little craft show booth inspiration at Oh, Hello Friend. It was like Danni was reading my mind.
- Cucumber Peanut Salad at 101 Cookbooks. I think this would be really good with those little Persian cucumbers at Trader Joe’s. We’re kind of addicted to them.
- Curried meatballs at Everyday Paleo. I may make these tonight.